[Dnssec-deployment] Domain registrars with easy DNSSEC interface?

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Tue Jan 17 16:04:29 EST 2012

On 01/17/2012 05:55, Bill Owens wrote:
> I think you're overloading the term 'registrar' in this case - the registrar function is to handle the registration of the domain name, and that's it. You're looking for someone who offers hosted DNS services with DNSSEC signing capabilities.

The registrar also needs to register the DNSKEY record(s), so there is a
role for both the registrar (in the strict sense of the term) and the
DNS hosting provider.

You're right though that these roles need to be spelled out clearly, if
for no other reason than because the ideal is to support portability for
both of them.

Doug

--

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.