[Dnssec-deployment] Domain registrars with easy DNSSEC interface?

Bill Owens owens at nysernet.org
Tue Jan 17 08:55:42 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 07:59:37AM -0500, Dan York wrote:

> Do any of you know of any domain name registrars other than GoDaddy and Dyn, Inc. that have web interfaces that make it easy to sign your domain with DNSSEC? (and that then handle all the signing and keys for you?)

I think you're overloading the term 'registrar' in this case - the registrar function is to handle the registration of the domain name, and that's it. You're looking for someone who offers hosted DNS services with DNSSEC signing capabilities. I can see how it would be much more convenient having the same organization offer both registrar and DNS hosting services, since it allows the user to be out of the loop for installation of the DS record, but your use of 'registrar' is probably what's causing people to suggest GKG, Gandi, etc.

All that said, I personally don't use DNS hosting so that capability isn't something I've been looking for. I have seen the recent twitter traffic about signed zones in .se and .cz, though I don't know whether the companies behind those services will offer them in other countries and TLDs. . .

Bill.