[Dnssec-deployment] DLV - it's not just for hostnames.

Bill Owens owens at nysernet.org
Tue Jun 14 14:57:24 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 06:30:55PM +0000, Paul Vixie wrote:
> speaking for myself, i will remove vix.com.dlv.isc.org as soon as i
> either hear back from my registrar that they can take my DS RR's or
> don't hear back in which case i'll be switching registrars.

Irrespective of the DLV discussion I am interested in which registrars support DNSSEC (and IPv6 glue). You're using Tucows, which is OpenSRS, right? This page would seem to indicate that you should not hold your breath:

http://www.opensrs.com/blog/2011/03/new-control-panels-sneak-preview/

Ken Schafer - OpenSRS
We're handling IPv6 and DNSSEC as separate projects - from each other and from the Control Panels.

IPv6 will show up in Control Panel before it is out of Preview, but probably not at launch. We won't be adding support into the current control panel.

DNSSEC is not as high a priority at this point but we do want to support it. Therefore, no ETA at this time.

Though this one is more promising:
http://forums.opensrs.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=231

Re: DNSSEC
by andrewm » Tue May 31, 2011 8:49 pm

Hey guys,
Apologies for the lack of news, but we're aiming to have DNSSEC supported by the end of the year.

-andrewm

Re: DNSSEC
by andrewm » Tue May 31, 2011 9:10 pm

So I did a bit of digging, and you can send our Support group requests to add DNSSEC, though currently it's only with COM/NET domains. It'll likely expand in the future.

Bill.