[Dnssec-deployment] Re-introduction of .de subdomains into ISC's DLV

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Tue Jun 14 08:17:22 EDT 2011

On 14 jun 2011, at 14.06, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> In France, there is exactly one registrar with DNSSEC support (and it
> is not open to the general public). So, this is a non-option.

Do you mean "for .FR"?

And if there is one, if people want DNSSEC, then swap to that single registrar. Why should not that registrar have an advantage as he has invested in DNSSEC support? The investment must pay off.

Maybe it is too complicated to become a registrar for .FR?

Offlist you can send me information on how to become one. I am sure for example Frobbit in Sweden could look at it.

> Even if there were several registrars, believing that people will
> switch just for DNSSEC (a small security technique which solves only a
> very small part of DNS problems) is naively optimistic.

For .SE people definitely swap registrar with DNSSEC (and IPv6 for glue) as reasons.

But if you do not tell people to swap, then of course there is no hope.

   Patrik