[Dnssec-deployment] Re-introduction of .de subdomains into ISC's DLV

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Mon Jun 13 21:22:34 EDT 2011

In message <333D4853-A0EC-458F-A5BD-42A80E5B2148 at virtualized.org>, David Conrad
 writes:
> Michael,
>
> On Jun 13, 2011, at 12:05 PM, Michael Graff wrote:
> > I plan to allow the subdomains of .de to be published in ISC's DLV =
> zone
> > file in two days, on June 15th at around 19:00 UTC.
>
> I'm probably missing something obvious, but given DE was signed with its =
> DS in the root, what benefit does putting DE's sub-domains back in ISC's =
> DLV bring?=20

The zones could be using pre-sha2 algorithms with pre-sha2 validators.

It's up to the zone owners to decide whether the zones should be
in DLV or not.  The removals were emergency measures which are no
longer needed.

DLV is a free, alternative registration place for anyone that wants to
do so.  That is not going away.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org