[Dnssec-deployment] Comcast Begins DNSSEC Rollout

Mats.Dufberg at teliasonera.com Mats.Dufberg at teliasonera.com
Wed Oct 20 07:00:17 EDT 2010

The number of signed domains is still low. Under .SE less than 1% of the domains are signed, and I think the same is true for all TLD's with the exception of .CZ (Czech Republic; 15%). Under .SE no banks have signed their domain, as far as I know.

It is hard to claim to the customers that DNSsec gives any considerable protection today. We cannot risk that the customers think that everything is safe now. We are working with the future.

No, we have not tried to educate the users. We hope that they go back to the responsible of the DNS hosting and that they understand what is wrong.

Mats

Mats Dufberg
Senior System Expert DNS
TeliaSonera BBS Networks AP SP Internet