[Dnssec-deployment] a few more TLDs signed

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Fri Oct 8 11:00:19 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 11:26:09AM -0400,
 Dave Knight <dave at knig.ht> wrote
 a message of 27 lines which said:

> A TLD having either colour indicates that it is signed. Green
> denotes those TLDs which are in the expected end state, while orange
> suggests that a transition mechanism is in place,

It depends on the country, of course, but in mine, "orange" suggests a
danger, something that may require special attention. That you use
"orange" for TLDs not yet in the root, I could understand. But there
is zero technical reason to flag ".th" (which is fully in the root) as
orange.

It really looks like an attempt to scare people off the DLV.