[Dnssec-deployment] dealing with broken TLD name servers

Francisco Arias francisco at arias.com.mx
Wed Jun 30 18:27:13 EDT 2010

At least for new gTLDs there is something that can be done right now.
Currently there is a public comment period about, among other things,
Specification 6 of the Draft Registry Agreement for new gTLDs.

Specification 6 covers most of the technical standards that a new gTLD
has to comply. It lists the RFCs and includes a Service Level
Agreement with its respective real time monitoring system, that would
have caught the issue that started this thread. Suggestions on how to
improve it are more than welcomed.

Draft Registry Agreement can be found at:

http://icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/draft-agreement-specs-clean-28may10-en.pdf

Anyone can submit comments, before 21 July 2010, by email to
<4gtld-base at icann.org>. The full list of comments already submitted
can be seen at:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/4gtld-base/

If anyone would like more information, please contact me off-list in
"francisco.arias at icann.org"

Regards,

Francisco.