[Dnssec-deployment] Dropping IANA ITAR entries [was: KSK rollover in .cz]

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 4 12:45:27 EDT 2010

On Aug 4 2010, João Damas wrote:
i...]
>IMHO, the ITAR is a nice out-of-band checkpoint for data, in particular
>if you see item 1 above, so if anything, the ITAR would seem to be useful
>and all TLDs ought to be encouraged to use it independently of whether
>the root is signed or not.

In the past some administrators have had a deliberate policy of *not*
putting entries for their signed TLDs in the ITAR. I am thinking of
Nominet and the "uk" TLD, in particular.

--
Chris Thompson               University of Cambridge Computing Service,
Email: cet1 at ucs.cam.ac.uk    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QH,