[Dnssec-deployment] Dropping IANA ITAR entries [was: KSK rollover in .cz]

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Tue Aug 3 21:07:55 EDT 2010

On Aug 3, 2010, at 1:43 PM, Jay Daley wrote:
> On 4/08/2010, at 4:21 AM, Paul Wouters wrote:
>> It seems it would make sense to no longer allow new entries into ITAR,
> I would suggest there is nothing stopping that happening now.

So, one of the theories that popped up after the ITAR was deployed was that due to US DoC involvement in root zone changes (but not ITAR changes) some countries might not be interested in putting their trust anchor in the root whereas they'd be OK with putting their trust anchor in the ITAR. I'm not sure this theory has been tested...

Regards,
-drc