[Dnssec-deployment] Dropping IANA ITAR entries [was: KSK rollover in .cz]

Jay Daley jay at nzrs.net.nz
Tue Aug 3 16:43:18 EDT 2010

On 4/08/2010, at 4:21 AM, Paul Wouters wrote:

> It seems it would make sense to no longer allow new entries into ITAR,

I would suggest there is nothing stopping that happening now.

> and to close it down when the last zone has been acnhored in the root zone?

That leaves it open to someone to force the ITAR to remain indefinitely, which could be against the community consensus.  The current plan of checking there is consensus to shutting it down in x days is fine.  Presumably all the existing entries will time out soon enough anyway.

Jay

--
Jay Daley
Chief Executive