[Dnssec-deployment] Dropping IANA ITAR entries [was: KSK rollover in .cz]

R. Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Aug 3 12:04:00 EDT 2010

From: Matt Larson <mlarson at verisign.com>
Date: Tuesday, Aug 3, 2010 8:44 am
Subject: Re: [Dnssec-deployment] Dropping IANA ITAR entries [was: KSK  rollover in .cz]
To: dnssec-deployment at dnssec-deployment.org

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010, Kevin Oberman wrote:
 Since we have no firm dates for the signing and acceptance of trust
 anchors for lots of domains (including .com and .net), I think it's
 rather premature to be scheduling the end of the ITAR.

Actually, we've been announcing the same dates publicly for at least a year: .net will be signed in Q4 2010 (i.e., before the end of this
year) and .com will be signed in Q1 2011.

Matt
You spaek in quarters, which is fine for now. I spoke of "exact dates". You may have some internally, but @ have not seen anything more exact than the quarters you mentioned.

Yes, it will be good to see ITAR gone and it's reasonable to look at timing, but I still feel it's to soon to set dates to pull the plug.
Sent from my Treo:
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E. O. Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL)
oberman at es.net                      +1 510-486-8634