[Dnssec-deployment] Dropping IANA ITAR entries [was: KSK rollover in .cz]

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 2 17:22:54 EDT 2010

On Jul 30 2010, Jaromir Talir wrote:
[...snip...]
>Then we will send request for exchange of keys in root zone to IANA. In
>the same time, as our way to promote DNSSEC validation using root zone,
>we will also  remove all our keys from ITAR and DLV. We communicated
>this intensively in past several weeks together with promotion of root
>zone signing, so we don't expect problems from resolvers operators.

I notice that LK and ORG are dropped from the IANA ITAR now (but not yet
from dlv.isc.org: maybe they're just working their way through the system?).
I expect we are going to see a lot more of this, and it's a Good Thing.

Has a date for the abolition of the IANA ITAR been decided on yet?

--
Chris Thompson               University of Cambridge Computing Service,
Email: cet1 at ucs.cam.ac.uk    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QH,