[Dnssec-deployment] DNSSEC Launched Today by EDUCAUSE and VeriSign

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Mon Aug 2 14:53:51 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Steve Crocker <steve at shinkuro.com> wrote:

> Which universities have signed their zones and forwarded their DS records?  Which are ready to do so?

One thing that may hold up adoption at .edus is the fact that
Microsoft's DNS server only has minimal DNSSEC support (probably just
enough to keep from being disqualified from government/military
contracts).   While that's probably not a problem for larger
educational institutions it's going to be an issue for some.  In my
case, we use Microsoft's DNS server internally to support Active
Directory, but are using BIND on a Linux box externally for security
boxes.  I need to figure out how to reconcile the two different sides
so that everything is working smoothly.

--
Jeff Ollie