[dnssec-deployment] DNSSEC for .at

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sun Nov 29 08:04:43 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 07:44:53AM +0100, Patrik Fältström wrote:
> Let me just say, specifically due to the note from Otmar, that I agree
> that "customer demand" does not exist, part from from a few domain
> holders, but their interest is very strong.  So, that finding I completely
> agree with, and some other findings in the report I also think are
> correct.

As I am trying to gather registrars, registries and hosters willing to fund
and support PowerDNSSEC development, I've discovered that *Interest* in
DNSSEC is very strong, but that it often does not translate into an actual
transaction or commitment.

Maybe this situation can be compared to selling a high-end sports car.
Millions of people are interested, and hang on to your lips, but in the end
most people are just that: interested.

There is a huge gap between being interested in something and buying into
something. The former is easily confused for an indication of the latter.

	Bert