[dnssec-deployment] DNSSEC for .at

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Fri Nov 27 01:44:53 EST 2009

Let me just say, specifically due to the note from Otmar, that I agree that "customer demand" does not exist, part from from a few domain holders, but their interest is very strong. So, that finding I completely agree with, and some other findings in the report I also think are correct.

The demand for DNSSEC is similar to demand for IPv6. Users "do not care" (they just want things to work) together with the "unfortunate" situation that if a domain holder does deploy DNSSEC, it helps others, not the domain holder. The domain holder (as any user of services on the Internet) want the domain holder of the domain names of websites they visit deploy DNSSEC. And they can not do much about it. Part from calling, asking questions etc.

But, over all, we need more reports like this, and the one from ENISA, so people can draw their own conclusions on what findings they agree with and not. So that they who deploy (or not) know what bumps in the road they might encounter.

   Patrik