[dnssec-deployment] Plans to sign arpa, in-addr.arpa, ip6.arpa?

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Sat Nov 7 17:32:47 EST 2009

Hi Kevin,

On 2009-11-08, at 07:18, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> I'm not sure that rolling them into the root is a good idea, but I can
> see good argument and reason to have the contents of in-addr.arpa and
> ip6.arpa rolled into .arpa.

What about the other existing delegations from ARPA, E164.ARPA,
IRIS.ARPA and URI.ARPA, or any future delegations?

Are IN-ADDR.ARPA and IP6.ARPA special cases in your mind, or were you
imagining a blanket prohibition on delegations from the ARPA zone?

There's a mechanism available to put forward such ideas, which you'll
find in RFC 3172.

Joe