TIME CHANGE: meeting announcement: 2 October 2008

James M Galvin galvin at elistx.com
Mon Sep 22 12:17:11 EDT 2008

This meeting will be held at the SPECIAL TIME of 2 October 2008 at:

    0700 Los Angeles, San Francisco
    0700 Phoenix
    0800 Salt Lake City
    1000 Washington
    1400 UTC
    1500 London
    1600 Netherlands
    1700 Israel
    2300 Tokyo
    0000 Melbourne (the next day)

The usual teleconference logistics are as follows.  These do not
change.  You will hear music until the moderator joins.

    USA Toll Free Number: +1 888-221-7341
    USA Toll Number:      +1 973-935-2305
    Conference Code:      599 786 #

    Separately a list of toll-free and local numbers for around the
    world will be distributed.

    Leader: James Galvin
	    employed by ICANN if speaking to an operator

    Jabber: dnssec-deployment at conference.jabber.org
	    This is a public room.

    If your phone does not have a mute capability you can use "*6"
    to mute and "#6" to unmute your connection.

    A SIP bridge is available if we need or want to use it.  Please
    let me know if you want it to be available.  I will provide
    identifiers and make sure it is included on the teleconference
    bridge.

DRAFT AGENDA

* DNSSEC Appliance Compatibility Test Results

  Ray Bellis of Nominet and Lisa Phifer of Core Competence carried
  out detailed testing of two dozen routers and firewalls to
  determine compatibility with DNSSEC in the home and small business
  environment.  The results showed only a quarter of the units tested
  operated flawlessly out of the box without configuration.  Another
  38% were configurable to work correctly as pass-through devices.
  These results suggest end users will need to exercise some care in
  choosing DNSSEC-compatible devices and vendors will need to pay some
  attention to future versions of their firmware.

  In this call, Ray and Lisa will present their methodology and
  results, and then everyone will be invited to ask detailed questions.

  A PDF of the results is attached.

Jim